220.127.116.11 - Port 2593
About the Skill:
Camping has always been an under utilized skill in UO and I wanted to make it a little more useful and fun to use. To do this, I've added items and perks to building campfires as well as introduced Outposts that can be placed around the world for skilled campers to find and upgrade for the benefit of themselves and other players.
1) Camper's map: These are items that will allow campers to Mark the location of Outposts and campsites, to be returned to later.
2) Upgraded campfire: At 70 Camping, the player will be able to upgrade their campfire, which allows all players who enter the area to gain a temporary stat boost.
3)Outposts: These are upgradable camps that can be placed throughout the world in specific locations by the server admins.
- Their initial state is as "abandoned" outposts, and appear as extinguished fire pits. A player with 50 camping can light the fire and establish an outpost. This grants them the ability to add specific utilities that are usable by all passing players.
- mark location: (50 skill) Mark their camper's map so they can return to the location later.
- add a tent: (70 skill) Allows players within range to log out safely.
- add a shrine: (90 skill) Adds an ankh that can resurrect players.
- add a stash: (100 skill) Adds a chest that allows players to access their bank.
Outposts last 1 hour before they decay and revert back to their 'abandoned' state.
Outposts also revert back to their abandoned state after server reset.
The Camping skill is used to logout safely when out in the wilderness. It is almost never used, as even new players logout at a tavern or inn, and so is considered somewhat of a Useless Skill.
In order to create a camp, you require some kindling and a bedroll. Use the kindling to attempt to ignite it. Once done, in about 30 seconds or so, you - and anyone near near you - will receive a message that the camp has been made secure. Anyone who gets the message (not just the person who created the camp) may then use a bedroll to log out instantly by placing it on the ground, unrolling it by double-clicking it, then double-clicking again to receieve a logout confirmation gump.
Unlike logging out at a tavern, inn or player home, logging out successfully with the Camping skill will merely display a Connection Lost message instead of returning the player to the Login screen.
You may hide while the camp is being made secure, and log out while still invisible. Some areas of the game world (such as Doom and woods of Ter Mur) cannot be camped in, but otherwise the skill can be used any time - Even if your character is flagged for combat.
How to train:
Train to 30 from an NPC Gypsy. Load up with and double-click kindling. Each time you secure a camp, your skill may be raised.