Incredible new crafting system, but dangerous for both the player and the item.
SpellCrafting is the ability to create magics that can be used to affix properties to an item. The system uses two types of jewels, Spellcrafting Jewels and Magic Jewels. The former provide for a specific property to be affixed to an item (i.e., faster casting). The latter provide the charges that affix one of the Spellcrafting properties to an item. Spellcraft Jewels are added to a Book of Spellcrafting, just like scrolls with a spellbook, by dropping them onto the book. There are 50 different Spellcraft Jewels, each with a property that it can affix to items. Magic Jewels are required to affix a property to an item and can be kept in a players backpack or dropped on the book as charges . Provided with the system are the Guardian Of The Magics - this npc is a high hp caster that has a small chance to drop a random spellcraft and/or book and magic jewels.
- The property count is now properly calculated, and will not allow the spellcraft if the item has more than 10 properties on. This number also now properly increases the chance of an explosion or the destruction chance of the item.
- Inscription now affects the chance of an explosion. Minimum chance 10% to explode.
- If an explosion occurs, the item will be destroyed based on the Alchemy skill value and the number of properties already on the item. Minimum destruction chance is 1%.
- You will need free hands to perform spellcrafting.
- Increased the previous max number of properties from 8 to 10.